International special consignments and the transportation of heavy or out-of-gauge loads are a matter for specialists, requiring both experience and innovation.
Each special, heavy or out-of-gauge load is a special and unique case in its own right.
CERL has built up its organisation and services based on tailored transport solutions with each unique transport assignment becoming a CERL service perfectly adapted to the company’s strategy.
CERL has the solutions to your logistical challenges, enabling us to ship just about anything to the other side of the world :
- Construction equipment, whether mobile or otherwise (mechanical diggers, cranes, compressors, electric generating sets, concrete-mixing equipment, etc.),
- Site equipment and materials (tooling, pipes, scaffolding, etc.),
- Rolling stock or equipment carried on flat-bed trailer,
- Machines for infrastructure or energy projects (turbines, wind turbines, heat exchangers, offshore equipment, etc.),
- Machines or equipment for heavy industry (forgings, drums and reels, tanks, etc.).
The various requirements to be satisfied for a special consignment include :
- Advance study – route planning,
- Administrative authorisations from the relevant authorities,
- Regulatory compliance,
- Deployment of handling systems and resources,
- Suitably adapted vehicles: flat-bed trailer, platform truck, etc.,
- Choice of port and terminals,
- Customs-related operations: temporary or final,
- Monitoring the loading/unloading,
- Delivery to the work site or construction site,
- Delivery to remote or hazardous locations,
- Deadline compliance,
- Operational coordination and tracking.