CERL’s maritime transport specialists possess all of the skills associated with maritime freight :
Vessel chartering by CERL: an activity requiring experience and expertise :
- A team specially dedicated to chartering and industrial projects,
- Partial or complete vessel charters (all regions),
- Tailored operational supervision and surveillance,
- Coordination of the various participants,
- Administrative and documentary assistance,
- The real-time management of unforeseen issues,
- Cost and deadline management.
The story of an “out-of-gauge” container
Can you imagine transporting this box measuring 7 m in length and more than 4m50 wide and weighing almost 20 tonnes in a container? CERL achieved this thanks to its keenly innovative spirit and a constant determination to find the optimal logistical solution for its clients’ merchandise.
In addition to conventional containers, CERL also proposes containers adapted to specific requirements. With the right know-how, it is possible to transport far more things than you would imagine.
The chosen solution combined “conventional” pre-shipment transportation by road as a special consignment with the use of a flat container (platform) making it possible to board most container ships and consequently to benefit from all the advantages of containerised lines.
Consignment description of maritime transport
- Nature of the merchandise: industrial oven
- Weight: 19 730 kg – Size (m): 7.00 x 4.58 x 4.34
- Incoterm: CFR Qingdao (from Lyon)
Brief description of the operation of ocean freight
- Departure from a packer’s site in Saint PRIEST to Antwerp by special road consignment,
- Loading in Antwerp on a flat container,
- Travel from Antwerp to Qingdao in a container ship,
- Arrival: unloading of the container in Qingdao.